Team building refers to a wide range of activities designed to develop synergy and clear communication among team members. Team building is an important factor in any workplace, as people often serve on several teams and work on a variety of projects at the same time.
In team building, employees are viewed as members of interconnected systems. Team building breaks down personal barriers and fosters cooperation, productivity and motivation.
Team building reduce overlaps, misunderstanding and stress resulting from poor communication skills. Through cohesive efforts, trust and intimacy can be created to benefit each team members.
Who benefits from Team Building?
Organizations seeking to strengthen synergy among team members and optimize performance.
Benefits of Team Building
- Improve communication to reduce overlaps and misunderstanding
- Develop cohesiveness, trust and support among team members
- Clarify vision, mission and common goals
- Define responsibilities and structure
- Reduce stress due to miscommunication
- Identify barriers that thwart creativity
- Improve organizational productivity